The Brandenburg Gate, Berlin´s only remaining city gate,is the true symbol of the city. Because it was situated in the no man´s land just behind the wall, it also became symbolic of the city´s seperation. After the fall of the wall, the gate was reopened on December 22, 1998. The sandstone construction, built 1788-1791 to plans by C.G. Langhans, was crowned in 1794 with the quadriga and the goddess of victory created ba J.G. Schadow, which face eastwards toward the city center.
Pariser Platz, 10117 Berlin (Mitte)
S-Bahn: Unter den Linden, Friedrichstraße
U-Bahn: Französische Straße, Mohrenstraße, Friedrichstraße Bus: 100, 248